I’ve completed the zone templates in BIND DLZ on Rails, unless I missed something obvious. I’ll first complete all the missing specs before continuing with the standard zone management tools.
Changes over the last four days include:
- Prototip 2 test implementation, for DNS insight
- Getting the $TTL of zone templates to behave the same way as normal zones
- Fixed broken seed data
- Restructured views to be more RJS friendly, and easier to manipulate with RJS
Lessons learned so far:
- Flock interferes with prototype’s event listening, or maybe firebug in flock
- Getting tables and nested forms to be manipulated by JS is not a walk in the park
- UI design can actually show holes model design
Stay tuned for more changes coming this week, we have a hectic deadline to get this application production ready in a very short time.